- SAIS is delighted to offer this one-of-a-kind program that brings together two of the leading consultants in American schools, Michael Thompson and Rob Evans, for three stimulating, engaging days.
- Designed specifically for independent school heads and spouses, this residential institute offers an opportunity for thoughtful dialogue and engagement with colleagues on key issues facing school heads.
- Many participants attend year after year to enjoy the combination of learning and laughter, plus time for reflection, relaxation, and recreation — a perfect way to refresh for the year ahead.
- To learn more about Michael and Rob, click the "speakers" link.
- Want to know what past attendees think? Click the "FAQ" link.
- The Institute for Experienced Heads was offered by NAIS from 2004-2007. Since 2008, it has been managed by SAIS and continues to enjoy a national audience.
"These guys "get" heads of school unlike any other presenters I know. Their collective sense of humor is extraordinary, and they understand what our lives are really like."
"I came away refreshed, recharged, and excited to return to my school. After 13 years as Head of School, the IEH was wonderfully reenergizing. My wife and I also had a great time with our colleagues."
"The IEH was just the shot in the arm that I needed. It was the most interesting and enjoyable professional development opportunity that I have ever experienced."
"This gathering of experienced heads of school is a must for any mid-career head of school. It truly is a refresher, inspiration, and affirmation of what we do."
"This was the best conference I have ever attended, and I recommend it enthusiastically, not only because of the quality time with Rob and Michael, but also because of the interaction with fellow heads of school."
Registration is $2,185. Spouse registration is $825. Registration includes all sessions and all meals except Thursday night's dine-around.
-Please contact email@example.com or (404) 561-5841 to make your hotel reservations.
Bring Your Spouse
- This Institute is specifically designed to be relevant to spouses as well as heads.
- It offers a chance for both heads and spouses to learn from and connect with others who share the same role.
- In addition to a specific session that focuses on the "first couple" and sustaining a healthy marriage, other sessions frequently touch on themes that relate to the spouse's role or that help spouses understand the larger context of issues facing heads.
- Spouses are welcome to attend every session, or just some, and to participate in the discussion.
- To read comments from spouses (and heads) who have attended in the past, click the "FAQ" link.
- Typically about half of the attendees bring spouses, and half attend solo.
Michael Thompson & Rob Evans
The Institute for Experienced Heads is facilitated each year by Michael Thompson and Rob Evans. To learn more about them, click on the "Speakers" link at right.
Please contact Lori Spear at firstname.lastname@example.org or (404) 561-5841 if you have any additional questions about the program.
The Fine Print
Registration, attendance at, or participation in SAIS meetings and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant to SAIS’s use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the registrant or attendee’s image or voice in photographs, videos, electronic reproductions, and audio of such events and activities.
The cancellation deadline for this event is May 31, 2013 . Cancellations received in writing to email@example.com before that date will receive a refund, less a $495 processing fee. Cancellations received after that date are not eligible for a refund.
Sonesta Beach Resort
130 Shipyard Dr
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928 United States